Thursday 21 September 2017

Tenby Arts Festival

Mrs Turnbull is fed up.  

“I am going to be on my own all week while she goes gallivanting around and showing off. Chatting to people even. She is going to something called a Book Fair in Narberth on Saturday and then to Tenby Arts Festival every day for a whole week and I am not invited. Why can’t an elderly bull terrier who is quiet and well behaved join in? Here I am honest and loving and fond of my bath but left all alone. What is a dog to do? Here she is to tell you a bit about the shows. “

This week I am taking part in Narberth Book Fair and Tenby Arts Festival simultaneously. At least the book fair is only one day – 23rd September.
I will be giving a talk at 10.30 in the Queen’s Hall Narberth. “Travellers in the Sands of Time” is based on my book “Wilderness & Paradise” – a collection of mini biographies of women who explored the deserts of the Middle East. And of course I have a stand there with that and my two other books for sale. “Adelina Patti Queen of Song” and “Battle in Iraq”.
Come to the book fair and meet Florence the Flamingo. 


Tenby Arts Festival is on for the whole week with an amazing galaxy of talent giving music concerts of different genres, talks, poetry, film, comedy and plays.
I will be talking about Audrey Hepburn on Tuesday at 2pm. she had a much more interesting life than you might think. But her films were all highly enjoyable and she herself is so beautiful and an icon for all of us who care about style. Here she is in Funny Face posing in the Louvre below the statue Winged Victory.


There will also be a great musical play. The première of Taking Care of Business is timed to coincide with Elvis’ 40th anniversary. There will be singing, rocking and dancing and lots of laughter. Now there was another master of style in his early days at least.


These are only two events for more information there is the website: www.tenbyartsfest.co.uk  


Come along and join in the fun. Not you Mrs. Turnbull. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment